[TriLUG] Re: Survey for class focal points

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Wed Sep 1 20:37:54 EDT 2004

Al, and everyone else,

    I agree!  I think that a scheduled "basics" session would be good,
once every quarter?  Is it possible that it's time for TriLUG to think
about split meetings?  Say two sessions at once, one on specifics,
sendmail, apache, etc, and another on basics of redhat or the like?
Most meetings are standing room only, I wonder if there would be enough
attendance to do that?  It would surely mean work to get a second
location etc.  The current location is great, if we grow much more
though it'll be time to move no matter what the plans are for the
topics.

    I know that I would drift back and forth if there were the 100 track
and the 200 track meetings on the same night, based on my level of
comfort with different things.

    If either approach were to be undertaken, it would mean more work
for the steering committee.   I would think that a subcommitte could
work, that is if the charter allows, to handle booking events.  If that
approach were to be taken it could be one or two of the current SC
folks, as well as a couple of others to pitch in, with high level
decisions comming from the compete SC.

    I think that the overflow crowds are a really great thing, and
TriLUG is a great group.  In order to continue to provide real value for
the membership things like this should get a few minutes thought now and
then.  I fully understand if folks don't think that either of these
ideas isn't right, just give it a few minutes thought.

Just my $.02

Kevin