[TriLUG] help with PNY Verto GeForce FX 5200 128MB Video Card

Dan Monjar dan at daijin.dissimulo.com
Tue Sep 7 12:00:42 EDT 2004

I thought my box said 5500 but it might be this one from the picture.  I
bought one this weekend and am not having a lot of luck getting it to work
under Mandrake 10.  I can do an install of Mandrake with the card in so it
works somewhat.  But I can't get a valid set of X params for it nor the
best driver.  I went to the nVidia site and dl'ed the latest driver install
script.  It says it doesn't have a precompiled driver so it tries to
compile and fails.

Anyone with hints for getting this nVidia GeForce FX based card working for
me?

--
Dan Monjar