[TriLUG] help with PNY Verto GeForce FX 5200 128MB Video Card

Kipp Spanbauer kippspan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 13:12:07 EDT 2004

Dan,

There are some options for making a custom script with whatever kernel
you have.  Here are my notes for Fedora Core 1 (works with FC2 also).
You'll need sudo or root access:

To compile and install for use with Fedora Core:

$ sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run --add-this-kernel

This will build a custom module named
"NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2-custom.run" to install.

$ sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2-custom.run

I hope this helps,
Kipp