[TriLUG] cvs CVSROOT/modules

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Wed Sep 8 02:10:54 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 08 September 2004 09:43 am, William Sutton wrote:
> Has anyone here explicitly set up a modules listing in the CVSROOT/modules
> file?

Here's one.  The project had a ton of directories for previous prototypes. New
developers really just needed a few folders.  So, we configured the src
module for developers to grab only the necessary folders.  The second set of
modules was for me.  In general, my files are lower case and my directories
are initial capital with as few collisions on the first letter of a directory
as possible.  It makes tab completion to deep directories very fast (one
letter and a tab per level).  :-)

# Current project documentation and active projects
src -a docs proposals projects
ecoaccess -a docs proposals projects
# Module alias for Tom, who likes singe letter tab completion on directory
# names
Docs docs
InitialProposals proposals
Projects projects
SourceForge &Docs &InitialProposals &Projects &CVSROOT

> and that one can configure cvs using it to make the various cvs modules
> searchable, but examples seem to be absent.

I'm not sure what you mean by "searchable."

By the way, I really liked http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/.  I bought a copy of
the second edition.  Good stuff.

---Tom