[TriLUG] Linux on eMachines M680x laptop

James Beidler james at layyze.com
Wed Sep 8 10:21:57 EDT 2004

  I bought a M6809 last May and have been running Gentoo on it solidly
ever since.  The only problem with running a m680x in 64-bit is that
both the Broadcom wireless minipci card and the Radeon do not have
64-bit drivers.  Right now the only way to get wireless and 3d
acceleration working properly in linux on a m680x is to run a 32-bit
kernel.
  If you choose to go Gentoo, there is plenty of support on the forums for
m680x users.
-james