[TriLUG] Sort of OT Job Posting or The quasi-literate at work

Mike M no-linux-support at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 13 14:29:11 EDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 12:54:09PM -0400, Brian Henning wrote:
> > Agreed.  When did 'qualified for a job' suddenly become too much to ask?
>
> I think it's a condition of moving from "please please work for us, by the
> way here's a dump-truck full of money for signing with us and we'll train
> you along the way" to "work for us, know everything already, and you'll find
> your peanuts in the break room.  But don't eat them."

Fact is, the worldwide supply of educated service
workers has suddenly increased and will continure increasing.  Word is
that most jobs on Wall Street could be exported.

I guess this is what wage deflation looks like: ask for more at same or
less remuneration.

Don't worry about the 10+ years folks.  They are a bad ROI because their
productivity is low and they impact benefit programs negatively.  Now
if they decide to bust-ass and work on a 1099, the young folk might be
in trouble. Place your bets.
--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.