[TriLUG] Looking SCSI HDD's

Brian Henning lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Mon Sep 13 22:20:12 EDT 2004

I'm replying to the list in case anyone else is interested in this sort of
information..  Since I'm not trying to cut a deal, I see no reason to keep
the tip private.  I apologize in advance if this ruffles anyone's feathers.

Check out HSC Supply, www.halted.com ...  For months (up until a few months
ago) they've been first-page advertisers in Nuts & Volts, selling (among
other things) 18GB SCSI HDDs (Seagate Cheetahs) for $19.95, and also 9.1GB
drives for $14 and 4.3GB for $10.  I could have sworn somewhere in there it
said full-height, but I can't put my eye on it now.  They don't explicitly
say whether those are full- or half-height drives, and it's difficult to
tell from the thumbnail photo.  The dimensions do seem a little off to be
half-height, but it wouldn't be the first time I'd seen a product thumbnail
distorted somehow.

All I see on their "Product Specials" web page now is the 9.1GB drives, but
that's one solution you mentioned.  I don't know if $14/ea is better or
worse than what you had hoped to pay.

Cheers,
~Brian