[TriLUG] USDB issues w/ Fedora2

dsandif dsandif at email.unc.edu
Wed Sep 15 13:02:05 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I just recently tried to setup a dual boot system (XP-Fedora2) on a
Dell  (Pent 4)Optiplex GX 280 Desktop unit. Everything went fine on the
windows side (suprise!, gasp! :-0).Then  I did the Fedora install. I did
the pre-install check of the Fedora CD's just to make sure that they
were good and functional,  then I went into the Primary Fedora install
and setup. However,  when I finished the Fedora install and rebooted the
system to the Fedora side, within seconds of the first splash screen,
both the mouse and keyboard go dead. Everything is USB on this system so
I have no other way to check this against another device. Fedora 2 is
suppose to work well with usb.  I did notice the follow unusual things
during this install
(1). I wasn't prompted for a mouse at all during the install. . During a
reboot of the Fedora side, I noticed that it had probed the mouse as a
generic three button PS/2 mouse. (2). The only keyboard option available
was what language did I want it in. Out side of all that, I not sure
where to begin looking