[TriLUG] Monitoring Samba Bandwidth?

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Thu Sep 16 09:48:11 EDT 2004

i don't know about monitoring by process, but monitoring by port number
should be possible.  with samba that would be ports 137-139,
check /etc/services for a complete list.

so, you're running smb across the wan?  that sounds...odd.  99% of the
time smb is used only on a lan, there are probably better methods for
sharing files across the net.  ftp, http, fish, and so on.  take a look
at http://bytehoard.org/ as well.

jason