[TriLUG] seeking WGET assistance, maybe LYNX is the answer ??

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Fri Sep 24 10:15:07 EDT 2004

Turnpike Man wrote:

>http://www.newportus.com/i/iTHX.htm
>Ours is specifically iTHX-M, so manual link is:
>http://www.newportus.com/Pdf/M4050_n.pdf
>
>If you are looking at the picture on the web page, the iTHX-M is the one with
>the external LCD display.
>
>Lots of folks seem to have a peeked interest in this thing.  Is it because of
>the embedded web device, b/c we are all geeks, b/c it could be a cool device
>for all our server rooms?... either way, I don't care what the interest is, I'm
>glad it's exciting!  yeah!
>
>David M.

Since you already have one of the iTHX devices, switching at this point
is probably not a viable option (unless you're testing to deploy lots of
them).  But for those who haven't yet taken the couple-hundred-dollar
plunge, there are other devices to consider.  For example, one of the
commercial supporters of the Nagios monitoring solution, is Esensors,
which makes the EM01.  More information available here:
http://www.nagios.org/products/environmental/esensors/em01.php  I'd be
interested in seeing a feature-set comparison, it looks like the EM01
does illumination but the iTHX does dew point.  Since you can infer dew
point from relative humidity and temperature (and assumptions about air
pressure), that seems somewhat redundant, but perhaps in your
environment you don't have a use for illumination.  Also the EM01
doesn't have a display, and it falls some where between the cost of the
two iTHX devices.  The iTHX probes are detachable which is kinda neat,
but doesn't serve any practical purpose for my uses.

Are there any other interesting commentaries that I've forgotten of left
out, in comparison of the two devices?  Is there some killer feature I
overlooked from the iTHX?  Does anyone know of any other competing devices?

Aaron S. Joyner