[TriLUG] seeking WGET assistance, maybe LYNX is the answer ??

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 10:33:42 EDT 2004

BTW, for those interested in this device and linux and reverse engineering,
etc.  I will actually be in my office tomorrow (Saturday) starting at 9am for
quite a few hours.  If you are so inclined with curiosity, let me know and you
can come on by and teach this dog some new tricks while having some fun doing
reverse engineering, b/c it's it bit over my head at the moment.  Just let me
know.

Thanks for the Ethereal information Aaron, I will certainly be prepared to try
that route by mid afternoon.  I've used network monitor on Windows servers,
they produce the same logs it seems, and tinkered with Ethereal in gnome on
Linux, so hopefully with your instructions, I should be able to pull what you
are asking for if necessary.

I expect to be on phone with their support sometime in the next hour, the guy
is in CA.  I do already own the iTHX-M and it resides in my server room.  I do
want to connect and monitor this device with Linux for alarm notifications,
logging too, why not.  The alarm notifications software they have requires
Outlook and I find this absurd... Outlook with a working profile on a
production server... *not if I can help it*!  Since I'm going to have Linux in
production come mid October, why not give it another purpose to prove it's
worth further still?  :)  Plus, if I can do this, I can probably put the data
straight into a database table and run all the custom reporting I want out of
it.

David