[TriLUG] using dhcp with a wireless card

Timothy A. Chagnon tchagnon at futeki.net
Mon Sep 27 17:47:16 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 11:16, Patrick Boyer wrote:
> > cannot make dhcp to work. I have registered the card with the dhcp
> > account
> > at UNC, so it provides an ip--I can see that it assigns one in Windows.

UNC has an error on their wireless help pages which says to set the key
as restricted.  In fact you need to set the key to open.  i.e.:

$ iwconfig key open

This is in addition to the other settings like ESSID, and the key.

As far as configuring two different locations, I'm using FC2 and just
use a script to copy different files iwcfg-wlan0 and keys-wlan0 to
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts.

-Tim
--
Timothy A. Chagnon <tchagnon at futeki.net>