[TriLUG] icmp as non-root (on Mandrake)

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 23:52:25 EDT 2004

It would only be in danger of being clobbered in an upgrade if the
files were not marked as config files in the RPM.  I've had
squirrellmail and mailman configs wiped out this way.  The bugs were
fixed in the next version as much bugzilla energy was spent on the
defects.

Perhaps that they are config files may be a subject for presidential
debates (wouldn't that be great?  Kerry and Bush discussing the
package management decisions of major Linux distributors?).  However
it would not be a difficult thing to ascertain if one had a Mandrake
system handy.  This one does not.

Joseph

--
Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com