[TriLUG] Should have gone to the class this morning. Need help

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 13:51:31 EDT 2004

Instead, I spent this morning trying to install awstats.

I'm having trouble running it as a cgi script. I keep getting object
not found when I try to access
http://myserver.mydomain/awstats/awstats.pl?...

I made the following changes to my httpd.conf file:
===================================
# Directives to allow use of AWStats as a CGI
Alias /awstatsclasses "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/classes/"
Alias /awstatscss "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/css/"
Alias /awstatsicons "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/icon/"
ScriptAlias /awstats/ "usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin/"

# Directory definition for awstats
#
<Directory "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot">
    Options None
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

The ScriptAlias should cause the above url to execute
/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin/awstats.pl which I can execute from
the command line.

I've checked the permissions and they seem to be okay everyone can
read and execute the files in the aws cgi-bin directory.

Any ideas?