[TriLUG] whitebox experiences?

Michael Thompson thompson at easternrad.com
Mon Oct 18 09:30:47 EDT 2004

I've started using CentOS, mainly because I was told that Whitebox was
maintained by a single individual, and CentOS was actually a group of
people from all over.  Not entirely sure if this is true or not, or if
it affects the quality or stability of the distro, but regardless,
CentOS seems very nice to me. I've converted one of my ISP customer's
entire Linux rack to it and its been running great.  The updates seem
pretty timely, and his servers have never been more stable.

http://www.centos.org

$.02

- --mike

David A. Cafaro wrote:
| I'm currently using WB Linux on a production hosting machine.  So far it
| has been very stable, with regular updates and patches in a reasonable
| amount of time.  Truthfully, besides a little delay in the release times
| of the patches and how busy the update servers are, it feels and runs
| pretty much just like RHEL3.
|
| Until my consulting business gets big enough to afford RHEL, WBEL should
| server me well.
|
| -David
|
| On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 08:58, Christopher L Merrill wrote:
|
|>Has anybody adopted WB linux for production usage?  Do you think
|>it's ready for prime-time?
|>
|>TIA,
|>
|>--
|>-------------------------------------------------------------------------
|>Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
|>Web Performance Inc.           |  http://www.webperformancemonitoring.net
|>
|>Website Load Testing, Stress Testing, and Performance Monitoring Software

- --

Michael W. Thompson
Eastern Radiologists, Inc.
Information Technologies