[TriLUG] Whitebox vs. CentOS?

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 10:40:48 EDT 2004

Christopher L Merrill wrote:

> Aahhh, yes.  That was the other one that I could not remember.
> Thanks for reminding me.
>
> Any opinions from the group on differences between the two?

I've used CentOS a little, never used WB, so no meaningful
comparison here...  but I will add that the reason I've downloaded
and used CentOS over WB was the perception that CentOS has
a more active community surrounding it.  This perception
might be mistaken, but it seemed that way.  As Michael T.
mentioned, the word at one time (and may still be)
is that WB is essentially one individual.

FWIW, CentOS has seems pretty solid to me, but I haven't used it
for anything production.

TTYL,

Phil