[TriLUG] Linux on a Sparc 5

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Oct 21 08:10:04 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 03:28, Matt Frye wrote:
> I'm looking for recommendations on distro and what this machine could
> possibly be useful for.  Right now, it's just taking up space.  I have
> a monitor, kb, and mouse, and an audio cable even, so if anyone really
> wants this thing, I'd be willing to barter.  I just need to justify
> it's existence if I keep it.  Suggestions?

I recommend http://www.auroralinux.org/ for the distribution.  Note that
TriLUG hosts the mailing lists for this distro; several TriLUG members
are involved in the development.  Also note that while the web site says
it's based on RHL 7.3, and the stable version is indeed based on 7.3,
there is a LOT of work going forward to making a new version based on
Fedora Core 2.

Jeremy