[TriLUG] Apache + SSL +Virtual Hosts + Reverse Proxy

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Mon Oct 25 04:02:33 EDT 2004

> So, any thoughts?  I'm reading some things online that say it's not possible
> to do SSL and virtual hosts, but I'm so close.

It is definitely possible to use SSL with Apache virtual hosts, but
what isn't (well, wasn't last time I checked) is using SSL
with name based virtual hosts.  Last time I setup Apache
to do SSL with virtual hosts (and it's been a while) the docs
said you have to use IP based virtual hosting if you want
to use SSL.

TTYL,

Phil