[TriLUG] OOOOTTTT: Known Sprint/Xytel 645R Issue?

gregbrown at mindspring.com gregbrown at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 28 13:29:14 EDT 2004

Brian:

I have one of these units at a remote location at the Outer Banks which has
been running without incident for over two months.  I am going to be changing
my 654r to bridge mode the next time I travel down there so I'll keep a close
eye on how it operates in router vs. switch mode.

Does this unit support syslog?  I would imagine that you may be able to syslog
back to your linux server then look to see if something odd was sent out just
before lockup.  Also, can you ping the device or nmap it using TCP or UDP?

If you hear of any bugs with this unit off-list please I would really appreciate it
if you could send me information on any issues.  Support a client five hours
away is no fun if you have equipment that keeps locking up!  :)

Greg