[OT] Re: [TriLUG] cpu overheat

Ian Meyer ianmeyer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 11:35:30 EST 2004

If your heat sink is efficient enough, you can do something like Apple
does with the G5, the originals had 7 (single CPU) or 9 (dual) fans
that ran at partial speed and would speed up as needed, it seems that
one could rig up something similar, probably not quite as efficient
without the milliond of $$$ to dump into R&D but still geeker,
quieter, and more efficient than your average cooling setup

Then again, on one of my computers, its set to spin down the hard
drive whenever possible :p

~ian