[TriLUG] Series 2 TIVO mods?

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Fri Nov 12 14:22:33 EST 2004

Has anyone been able to enable the USB ports on their Series 2 TIVOs,
DirecTV versions?

I am trying to duplicate other model TIVO mods where a network interface
is added via the USB port.  This would allow my TIVO to access updates
and program schedules via the web rather than dialup.

The other intent is to access the MPEG-2 files stored within the TIVO
via another Linux box in another room.

Note: the online TIVO forums are mostly mum on DirecTV versions of
series 2.  And I haven't bothered to mount the drive in my Linux box
directly yet to tweak around it -- I was hoping for someone else to
have done it first.  (I tweaked my cousin's series 1 TIVO quite easily,
it was just a Slackware Linux on an old kernel and missing a lot of
drivers and files -- easily mounted and added to; ext2 root filesystem)

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA