[TriLUG] MS Media Extensions in Mozilla

Greg Kuhn thetruthisoutthere at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 12 15:52:36 EST 2004

I have the mplayerplug-in installed. I have viewed ms media player type files with it in the past. Might be worth a shot.

Here is the output from about-plugins.

QuickTime Plug-in 6.0, Windows Media Player Plugin are supported by mplayerplug-in

    File name: mplayerplug-in.so
    mplayerplug-in 2.66

    Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer
    JavaScript Enabled

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
video/quicktime 	Quicktime 	mov 	Yes
video/x-quicktime 	Quicktime 	mov 	Yes
image/x-quicktime 	Quicktime 	mov 	Yes
video/quicktime 	Quicktime 	mp4 	Yes
video/quicktime 	Quicktime - Session Description Protocol 	sdp 	Yes
application/x-quicktimeplayer 	Quicktime 	mov 	Yes
video/x-ms-asf-plugin 	Windows Media 	asf,asx 	Yes
video/x-msvideo 	AVI 	avi 	Yes
video/msvideo 	AVI 	avi 	Yes
application/x-mplayer2 	WMV 	wmv 	Yes
video/x-ms-wm 	MSNBCPlayer 	asf 	Yes
video/x-ms-asf 	Windows Media 	asf,asx 	Yes
video/x-ms-wmv 	Windows Media 	wmv 	Yes
video/x-ms-wmp 	Windows Media 	wmp 	Yes
video/x-ms-wvx 	Windows Media 	wvx 	Yes
audio/x-ms-wax 	Windows Media 	wax 	Yes
audio/x-ms-wma 	Windows Media 	wma 	Yes
application/x-drm-v2 	Windows Media 	asx 	Yes
audio/wav 	Microsoft wave file 	wav 	Yes
audio/x-wav 	Microsoft wave file 	wav 	Yes
video/mpeg 	MPEG 	mpg,mpeg 	Yes
audio/mpeg 	MPEG 	mpg,mpeg 	Yes
video/x-mpeg 	MPEG 	mpg,mpeg 	Yes
video/x-mpeg2 	MPEG2 	mpv2,mp2ve 	Yes
audio/mpeg 	MPEG 	mpg,mpeg 	Yes
audio/x-mpeg 	MPEG 	mpg,mpeg 	Yes
audio/mpeg2 	MPEG audio 	mp2 	Yes
audio/x-mpeg2 	MPEG audio 	mp2 	Yes
audio/mpeg3 	MPEG audio 	mp3 	Yes
audio/x-mpeg3 	MPEG audio 	mp3 	Yes
audio/mp3 	MPEG audio 	mp3 	Yes
video/mp4 	MPEG 4 Video 	mp4 	Yes
video/fli 	FLI animation 	fli,flc 	Yes
video/x-fli 	FLI animation 	fli,flc 	Yes
video/vnd.vivo 	VivoActive 	viv,vivo 	Yes