[TriLUG] Linux job in Charlottesville, VA

tsiprova at Technisource.com tsiprova at Technisource.com
Tue Nov 16 11:17:29 EST 2004

Hello!

I hope it's ok to post a Linux job on this list; I didn't see a mailing
list specifically set up for job announcements.

We have an immediate opening for a Linux administrator in Charlottesville,
VA.  If you're not familiar with Charlottesville, it's a college town and
home to UVA.

This is a contract-to-perm position.

Here's what we're looking for:

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Job Description:(Embedded image moved to file: pic16118.jpg)                          |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Technisource is seeking an Systems Administrator/Engineer with LINUX/UNIX experience. |
|The position will require strategic thinking, analytical skills, and proven           |
|troubleshooting skills. Linux file system experience is a big plus. This is a         |
|contract-to-hire position if you are looking for a career with a dynamic and growing  |
|company.                                                                              |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Required Skills:(Embedded image moved to file: pic02082.jpg)                          |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Required:                                                                             |
| - UNIX/LINUX experience (at least 3 years)                                           |
| - Ability to build Linux servers from scratch                                        |
| - Basic UNIX/LINUX Administration                                                    |
| - Analytical thinker                                                                 |
| - Troubleshooting skills                                                             |
|Nice to have:                                                                         |
| - Andrew file system (AFS)                                                           |
| - The ability to use a local cache to reduce the workload and increase the           |
|performance of a distributed computing environment                                    |

If you are interested, please give me a call as soon as possible.

Thanks so much,

Tyler Siprova
Senior Technical Recruiter
Technisource, Inc.