[TriLUG] Job at Google, in California or Ireland

Reginald Reed reginald.reed at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 14:13:56 EST 2004

Jon,

Excellent point and valid.  In my situation (Cisco Systems) - we
handle this by hiring a broad range of levels.  The lower levels
generally have a lot more "not so fun" work than the higher levels.
Culture also plays a large part in this as well.  In some companies as
large as Cisco, seeing a manager or high ranking engineer racking
equipment in the lab alongside other employees would be a rarity, but
it happens frequently here.  Its all about getting the job done.
Sometimes I rack gear while my engineers are solving complex problems
that are far more important than getting stuff racked.

--Reggie