[TriLUG] linux video and an OT question

gregbrown at mindspring.com gregbrown at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 22 15:45:44 EST 2004

First question:

I understand that video cards are going to have to support the "broadcast flag" which will mean I can't record video to another medium after this stardard is supported Q1 of next year.  Is this correct?  If so, what is the best card to purchase for use with Linux to create a PVR?  I have not yet created a PVR but I feel that I might like to at some point so I figured I'd better pick one up while I am employed.

Second OT question:

Has anyone on the list ever been to Doha, Qatar?  I may end up going over there for a brief stint.  If you have been there did you like it?  Do you still have both hands?  How were Americans treated over there?

Greg