[TriLUG] SSN for applying to jobs

Joseph Mack mack.joseph at epa.gov
Sun Nov 28 11:56:42 EST 2004

Craig Cook wrote:

> Apparently I needed to supply my social security number to the recruiter so he could submit my resume.

I wanted Sprint phone service recently and was told I had to give my SSN before
they would process the request. There were a few exchanges of "you can't require
my SSN" and "yes we can" before I was handed over to a supervisor who said that
I'd need a $25 deposit and a notarised signature on an application which would
take a month to process. Having plenty of time I said "no problem".

Joe

LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb at epa.gov