[TriLUG] Need a job? Can you move to DC? Read this message...

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Dec 8 22:43:40 EST 2004

Hey folks,

As many of you know, last month I moved from the Triangle to the
Washington, DC area to take a job at Blackboard,
http://www.blackboard.com/ , a small public software company.

Blackboard is hiring a number of technical people right now, especially
those with strong skills in Java, Oracle, and cross-platform OS
administration (Linux, Solaris, Windows).  Experience with Blackboard
software is a plus, but not required.

Here are some of the jobs that are available; link to the descriptions at
the web site:

Technical Support Analyst:  (all-around skills needed; cool job!)
	http://www.blackboard.com/about/careers/jobs.htm?job=160

Senior Technical Consultant - Java Developer
	http://www.blackboard.com/about/careers/jobs.htm?job=179

Technical Manager for Complex Hosting (managerial position)
	http://www.blackboard.com/about/careers/jobs.htm?job=197

Technical Services Consultant/Developer (general Linux/Unix; Java)
	http://www.blackboard.com/about/careers/jobs.htm?job=109
[note: this says Phoenix, AZ in the description but I'm fairly sure this
could be located out of the DC office too]

QA Analyst  (QA experience; general Linux/Unix/Windows/web skills)
	http://www.blackboard.com/about/careers/jobs.htm?job=168

Some additional consulting-related jobs and others listed here:
	http://www.blackboard.com/about/careers/jobs.htm

If you are at all interested, PLEASE contact me off-list.
(I wouldn't reccomend submitting resumes through the web site; send
inquiries through me and I can get the right attention focused on it.)

I truly do not want to be recruiting people away from TriLUG as I know it
is a disappointment to see people leave the area.  But if you need a new
job, and moving is at all a consideration, I urge you to give these a
look!

Thanks for your time.  Also, please feel free to forward this to any
non-TriLUG members who may be interested.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Portzer
jeremyp at pobox.com