[TriLUG] Backing up mail and MySql

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 10:10:15 EST 2004

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:48:31 -0500, Rick DeNatale
<rick.denatale at gmail.com> wrote:
>    procmail - I think this needs re-configuring
>    fetchmail - I think that it doesn't care it goes through procmail
>    sendmail - ?
>    uwimap/pop daemon - ?

If you're going to switch to maildir, go ahead and switch out UW-IMAP
too.  Courier or the like is the choice if your set on straight
maildir.  Cyrus offers an improvement on maildir by indexing messages
for faster retrieval.

> Does anyone know of a cookbook or how-to on doing a mailbox to maildir
> conversion?

I'd look for a script, or keep both systems online for a transition
period and use IMAP to move messages from one system to the next.

Follow the directions: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Backup.html

--
Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com