[TriLUG] Mandrake frustrations

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Sun Dec 26 22:13:40 EST 2004

Hmmm...I have learned at least one something (configuring printing) from
this.  Thank you for enlightening me on your observations of the various
idiosyncracies.

Since I don't have a spare Linux system running that I can do a network
install from, I'm afraid that I don't have that option.  I do have a
question though:  If I was able to download the iso images, mount them via
loop, ls them, umount them, burn them to disc, and perform an install
using them, does that imply that the images downloaded completely and
correctly?  It would seem that if something was left out then it
wouldn't...

Also, RE my missing CD devices, any ideas on what to do about them?  At
the moment I am planning YAI (yet another install) for tomorrow (hey,
practice makes perfect ;) )

Most helpful you are Mr. Tower, yes!

William