[TriLUG] linksys WRT54G router question

gregbrown at mindspring.com gregbrown at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 1 18:38:42 EST 2005

I know there are several people who have this router because it is running a hackable, modifiable version of linux.  So I have a couple questions for you:

1. can you run cron jobs, like 'init 6' or 'shutdown -r now"?
2. can you configure it to only associate with other linksys devices such as access points?  The linksys WAP54G access points that I have deployed down at the outer banks can be configured to only associate with other linksys access points and I have created a high-speed wireless "backbone" that connects lower speed 802.11b access points which are configured to allow anyone to associate with them.  I need to install another "segment" on the network on the sound-side of the campground and I'd like to go ahead and route that segment if I can, but the big requirement is to have the WRT54G router only associate with the existing backbone using WAP54G access points?  Is this possible?
3. Does the WRT54G have a DHCP server built-in?

Just curious.

Greg