[TriLUG] Unexpected reboot of dargo

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 23:28:18 EST 2005

Hi everyone,

In preparation for the upcoming rebuild this weekend of our main
mail/web/kerberos/ldap/mysql server moya I was at our
colo facility this evening installing another computer
to help us out.  While there, I apparently brushed the internal
network cable connected to dargo.  It appears the network
card itself became loose and the PCI bus started giving
lots of parity errors!  Because of this, I was forced to
turn dargo off, reseat the network card and restart.
Luckily it appears that there is no lasting damage
but we unfortunately lost our 117 days of uptime.
Anyway, things seem to be working now, but note that
the trilug machines will be unavailable this Saturday
starting at 10am and lasting up to 8 hours.

Cheers,
Tanner