[TriLUG] Unexpected reboot of dargo

Shane O'Donnell shaneo at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 6 09:32:40 EST 2005

Tanner -

I've been reading lately where some newer model computers have started to
include a bracket at the top of PCI cards with a notch that you can put a
screw through and into a pre-threaded hole in the case, thus securing the
PCI card in the slot.  Theoretically, if you use an "emerging technology"
like this, you shouldn't have problems like the one you recently
experienced.

Hope this helps,

Shane O.

BTW - "newer model computers" appears to be every PC-compatible system since
1982.  :-P