[TriLUG] Ugh. Local root exploit.

johnm john280z at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 7 21:42:22 EST 2005

Jon Carnes wrote:

>Cool! Not something I'm going to lose sleep over though - since no one
>on my systems can run any application but those that I've installed
>personally.
>
>Jon
>
>On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 17:14, Brian Daniels wrote:
>

>>Not a happy Friday afternoon.  First Openoffice eats my system, then this:
>>http://isec.pl/vulnerabilities/isec-0021-uselib.txt
>>
>>Have a good weekend, everybody.
>>
>>--Brian
>>
>>--
>>Question with boldness even the existence of a god;
>>because if there be one he must approve of the
>>homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear.
>>
>>--Thomas Jefferson, Aug. 10, 1787
>>

>>Brian Daniels                  bitmage at bellsouth.net
>>      http://www.eviloverlord.net

   John, you are so not open source! Open source is many people pulling
together. You also must agonize all weekend long, worrying about the
many boxes that may get hacked by this evil problem. The amount of your
worry must equal the number of bits you have downloaded over the net
divided by Pi(to 60 decimal places).
   I myself will be under the bed with the lights out all weekend or
until the fix has been posted.
john mitchell