[TriLUG] Digital Cameras

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Sun Jan 16 20:27:59 EST 2005

Steve,

See the comments from the others.  This is the designed operation.
It happens on all the cameras I evaluated.  The half-pressing technique
is the recommended way to work. In addition, it allows you to confirm
(on screen) that the camera picked the right spot in the picture for
measuring the focus and exposure.

Once you learn to use it right, you won't miss many pictures.

Steve Litt wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>
> I have a Kodak dx4530 camera, and it's wonderful except for one GLARING flaw.
> The picture doesn't flash until maybe a half second after you push the
> button. Invariably that causes blurring.
>
> You can sorta get around it by pressing the button half way for a second or so
> til an LED goes on, and then press the button all the way, and most of the
> time it will go off immediately. But not always. Anyway, because of this one
> "feature", taking pictures is always stressful.
>
> Does your dx7440 do this also? How many others of you have cameras that do not
> immediately shoot when you press the button? I've heard it's pretty common.
> What have you all done to work around this?
>
> SteveT

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software