[TriLUG] Cyrus IMAP HowTo

Jeff Groves jgroves at krenim.org
Wed Jan 19 20:25:34 EST 2005

I just upgraded(?) my Red Hat 7.1 machine to Fedora Core 2, and have been
fighting with Cyrus IMAP ever since then.

I've worked my way from zilch to being able to log on and see that I have
folders but no email in the folders.

I found a collection of perl scripts that I attempted to modify to migrate
my folders and email from my mail format the pine and Washington IMAP
could read to the Cyrus IMAP incarnation.  Unfortunately, I've only gotten
to the point where I can get it to create the folder and import the mail
messages in to the correct directory, but Cyrus refuses to acknowledge
that there are any messages there.

If anyone has a HowTo for Cyrus IMAP that is more informative than the
pathetic ones that I've found by Googling, I'd appreciate seeing it.

This is for my and my wife's personal email usage and I'm not making any
money off of this gig... just trying to get out of the dog house for
"breaking" the email.

Thanks,

Jeff G.

========