[TriLUG] Printing hangs from mozilla & firefox

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Mon Jan 24 07:30:20 EST 2005

Hey folks - I'm back after a long absence (birth of my second son!) and as
usual looking for help....

Recently I've become unable to print from mozilla and firefox. Using print
or print preview just hangs the browser, which then has to be killed.
strace suggests that it's looking for CUPS, which I don't use - my
printers are all on plain old lpd.  This happens both at home and and
work, which suggests a moderately reproducible problem.  xphelloworld
works fine, so the xprint subsystem is working. Both machines are
tracking debian sid, kernel 2.4.24, firefox 1.0 and mozilla 1.7.5. Any
tips?

Thanks,
Andy