[TriLUG] Training Spamassassin

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Mon Jan 24 08:46:17 EST 2005

Hi Guys,
   As I'm sure the postmasters among us are well-aware, in order to keep
my Bayesian filter working efficiently, it's occasionally necessary to
retrain it for new tacks the spammers have invented.   My question is
thus: Is it "safe" and/or wise to train with only -spam input?  Our
non-spam profile hasn't changed much, so the previous -ham training
ought to still be valid...right?  Or do I need to somehow balance the
training "sessions" with equal parts -spam and -ham even though the -ham
still looks about the same?

Thanks as always,
~Brian