[TriLUG] .htaccess and Mambo

Jojo Almario jalmario at intrahealth.org
Mon Jan 24 11:42:18 EST 2005

We have an intranet established that is membership based by a .htpasswd
file.  Certain folders are restricted through a .htaccess file that
makes reference to the .htpasswd file like this.

AuthUserFile   /home/.htpasswd

Require User: a_user b_user c_user  (and so on..)

Since we have no web developers any more,  I decided to make it easy on
myself and re-create the site using Mambo.  I created all knew passwords
for everyone and it is stored in the mysql database Mambo uses.  Now I
have two password repositories.  The only problem is there is a lot of
legacy crap that still works and people like that is based on the
.htaccess and .htpasswd files.  Is there any way I can make reference to
the mysql password database in the .htaccess file instead of the
.htpasswd file?

Thanks

JoJo