[TriLUG] OT: SSL Certificate Vendor

Jeff Groves jgroves at krenim.org
Thu Jan 27 15:22:52 EST 2005

This is the primary reason that I'm considering going with a certificate
from a recognized provider:

I see quite a number of SMTP servers out there that attempt to create a
secure inbound connection with my Sendmail SMTP server, but do not
because (I assume) I have a self-signed certificate.

Have any of you set up a SMTP server that is capable of secure transport
of email messages between SMTP servers with a recognized provider
certifier?  If so, what percentage of servers actually use the secure
transport when available and certified by a recognized provider?

Jeff G.

--
Law of Procrastination:
        Procrastination avoids boredom; one never has