[TriLUG] the xinetd service sgi_fam

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 09:43:10 EST 2005

Yes, CentOS 3.4 is based on RHEL 3 U4, and I tried that method... I
also tried it in FC3 and someone else said they tried it in FC1 and it
doesn't work.

I would seem to me that chkconfig xinetd off would turn off the xinetd
SERVICE where as things like imap, pop3, and sgi_fam are parts of that
service, thusly, must be handled individually as previously mentioned,
disable=yes added to /etc/xinetd.d/sgi_fam

If anyone experiences otherwise, please let me know.  I'll be
installing another CentOS 3.4 box today.

Thanks,
David McD