[TriLUG] "Strange" (?) Apache Behavior

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Fri Jan 28 12:43:00 EST 2005

Hiyo.

I'm not sure if I should consider this strange or not, but it seems
strange to my unenlightened eye.

Here's a URL that exists on my server (appropriately masked here):
http://www.myserver.com/~myuser/ascript.php

Here's a URL that also results in that page being loaded:
http://www.myserver.com/~myuser/ascript/

THAT seems really weird to me.  There is no ascript/ directory in
/home/myuser/public_html/...  just the php file.  And if ascript.php
happens to have some form data to post, it breaks relative links because
the documentroot is now /~myuser/ascript instead of just /~myuser..  (Or
rather, that is my guess at why it breaks).

Is this some kind of feature that I can turn off?  If I get my URL
wrong, I want a 404..

Thanks again!
~Brian, putting the S in SNR....