[TriLUG] BadRAM

Joseph Mack mack.joseph at epa.gov
Tue Feb 1 22:40:16 EST 2005

Brian Henning wrote:

> But at the BadRAM website, the available
> patches seem to stop a few builds short of my kernel version (the most
> recent listed is 2.6.5, and mine is 2.6.9).  Anyone know where I can
> find a patch for my kernel version?  I'm assuming it would not be a good
> idea to try to apply the 2.6.5 patch to the 2.6.9 source.

I have heard (but not verified) the following

o the badram patches are in the kernel

o you can patch newer kernels with old patches

o other people have made patches for the newer kernels
(and you might be able to find them with google)

Clearly not all of these can be true, so maybe none of them are true.
It would be worth at least trying an old patch on a new kernel

Joe

LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb at epa.gov