[TriLUG] thinking about RR Biz again.

gregbrown at mindspring.com gregbrown at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 6 10:48:07 EST 2005

I think it's time I made the great leap from "regular" RR to business class.  Over the years the business class offerings have changed quite a bit and I am looking for feedback regarding which kind of business class service to order.  My requirements are:

1. at least one static IP Address
2. ability to host my own complete network (DNS, web, mail, etc) from my house

Well, that's about it for core requirements.  Looking at RR's business page (http://www.twcbroadband.com/solutions/promotional.cfm) it seems that in order to get a static IP address I have to go with at least the 3x384 Professional service (3 meg download, 384k upload).  However the way the biz page reads it almost sounds like the professional class is a hosted solution, which I do not want.

So, the remaining questions are:

1. is the professional level service hosted or not?
2. does anyone have any idea how much professional level costs?

Greg