[TriLUG] trilug mail server -- imap question

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 10:14:56 EST 2005

Brett,

At the moment, you can't have folders that contain both other folders
and messages.  You can have folders that contain folders only and
you can have folders that contain messages, but not both.  However,
as soon as we can figure out our problems moving ldap over to the
new server, we will be switching to Cyrus IMAP which will remove this
limitation.

As far as deleting old folders, you should just be able to right click
the folder in the left side column in Thunderbird and tell it to delete.
It will confirm and then should delete.

Note, btw, that if you want a folder to contain other folders, the best way
right now is to create the folder, then immediately create other folders
in it before any messages go in it.

Cheers,
Tanner