[TriLUG] anyone using yellowdog linux?

Michael Sh mnh_222 at lycos.com
Fri Feb 11 20:12:03 EST 2005

Hi Ricky,

All the older iMac's can run up to 512MB of RAM.  I bumped up two "tray loaders" the 233 and 266 MHz with 512 MB RAM kits from DataMem in Salem, NH: http://www.datamem.com
They had the additional 4MB of video RAM for the old 233 as well.

The "slot loader" model uses the standard sdram and will go up to 512 as well.

Another interesting side note is that they will all work with HDD's up to 137GB.  So you could tentatively upgrade to a 120GB, although with OSX, the tray loaders need a partition of 8GB or less at the beginning of the drive for the OS, and the rest becomes storage space pretty much.