[TriLUG] TriLUG Archive Searching

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Feb 16 01:05:47 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 12:08, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> TriLUG is using htdig patches to mailman, but if you were going to set
> it up from
> scratch, I'd probably recommend you just setup google to search it.  It will
> be much less of a hassle, and probably a better search too.  And, you don't
> have to patch mailman every time a new version comes out. :-(
>
> Cheers,
> Tanner

The nice thing about the HTDig searches is that you could use them on
"private" lists - or on sites that Google doesn't rank very highly
(TriLUG's web pages rank very high).

Also HTDig can find/index local items that are not advertised normally
via the web. It's a cool tool and the integration with mailman is done
by some very nice folks - Barry trusts them, I trust them, so grab your
Mailman updates from them and never hassle with patches.

Jon