[TriLUG] Verizon DSL

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 12:11:06 EST 2005

In the past, If you're going to do DSL in Verizon territory, I'd
recommend switching to Britsys.  It appears however that they've been
bought out, and have lots of add on fees now.  They still offer Static
IPs on their DSL lines though.

Of course Intrex, one of TriLUG's sponsors has a special arrangment
for TriLUG members that include Static IP addresses as well.  Search
this list's archives for the details of this deal.  They resell
Verizon DSL as well as the others native to the triangle area.

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:53:58 -0500, Jason S. Evans
<theologygeek at gmail.com> wrote:
> I apologize if this is a redudant question, but I did search the list
> archives and the only conversations I found on this topic are from
> 2001, and things may have changed since then.
>
> So anyway, I'm tired of Time-Warner and I want to switch to Verizon
> DSL.  Are there any special considerations that I should take note of
> with using their service with Linux?  Thanks.
>
> --
> Jason S. Evans

Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com
Web: http://www.dragonstrider.com