[TriLUG] Looking for surplus base-2 ethernet cable

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Sun Feb 20 19:19:02 EST 2005

> Anyhow, since James asked, the intended use is relocating the antennas for
> wireless mic receiver at my church.  They're very simple whip antennas
> that
> connect to the back of the receiver with BNC connectors.  (Currently the
> receiver is inside a fairly small room with lots of EMF-producing old
> sound
> gear, and gets horrible reception...but we can't really move the receiver
> itself due to limitations of our signal wiring...so I am going to try
> simply
> moving the antennas outside the room)

[JR>] if I had my rathers, I'd place the wireless transceiver in close
proximity to the mic and run shielded audio cable back into the sound
equipment room as opposed to running coaxial cable out to external antennae.
Just food for thought.  I have an easier time working with XLR connectors
rather than BNC thingies and know they come in lots of flavors (like nice
flush mount wall plates).