[TriLUG] FC3 changes

H. Crissman hcrissman at secure-mind.net
Tue Feb 22 16:31:47 EST 2005

I am looking to make a couple of modifications to my recently installed
FC3 system. Don't really know where to start but to compare to my other
mandrake systems. First, in mdk, if I type "ls" in the console I get a
list of files, dirs, and links all formated different colors (ie.
dirs=blue, links=green, etc.) Is there a config file in FC3 where I can
apply a similar color scheme? Is this even a FC3 thing or is it a Gnome
thing? Next, I have a similar issue in vim. If I "vi fileX" there is a
color syntax that makes reading config files quite nice. But, if I sudo
vi fileX, that color syntax is no more. Once again is there a config
file I can edit to enable this feature?

Thanks in advance.

H. Crissman