Attack Detection tools (was: RE: [TriLUG] attack)

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Wed Feb 23 14:07:57 EST 2005

This sounds like a good idea for a meeting tutorial!!  I too would like
to learn both what tools should be used, and what exactly do you do with
them in what order.  In other words, one can only read docs and books so
much, but having a live example demonstrated with a Q & A session would
teach so much more.

I have done some of this in an older Solaris environment, but I am sure
I am not up to speed on the newer tools available, specifically in the
Linux world.

I am sure that a lot of TriLUG folks would like to know the same -- and
I know that a number of you do this for a living everyday.

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA